Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Wedding




















Well I am behind in getting my posts up but here we go. Last weekend, I attended my first summer wedding. It was a beautiful outdoor summer wedding and with all the rain we have been having, it was done at great risk. I did not know the bride or groom, I was attending as a fill in date for one of my best friends, Kelly. The bride was a good friend and co-worker of hers.
We arrived in Blackstock, a little town approximately 15 minutes north of Bowmanville. The wedding was held at a B&B with a huge property.
Two sections of chairs were facing a beautifully decorated arbor where the bride and groom were to exchange vows. After exploring the grounds and sinking in the ground with my heels (did not know it was going to be on grass or that it was outside!!) we sat and waited for the procession. After a very nice, short, sweet ceremony, the guests retired to the poolside for punch and conversation. About an hour later we moved to the big white party tent for the reception. The bride and her mother did most of the decoration themselves. They did a wonderful job and the seemed to be enjoying every minute of it.

It turned out to be a great wedding, probably one of the most relaxed weddings I have ever been to. I felt very fortunate to have met the bride and groom as they are both fantastic people with wonderful families. A different experience for me feeling a bit like a party crasher, but I managed to take some pictures during the reception for the Bride and Groom (photographers were done by then) that I hope they will be able to cherish for many years to come.

I have posted a couple of pics here to show you a little taste of the elegant simplicity of the night.

Cheers,
Tracy

No comments: